Friday, July 25, 2014

A Trio of Upcoming Books For Review That Look Really Interesting

I've got a few new books on their way to me from their respective publishers that look to be fascinating reads...I'll be sharing the reviews on here, of course, once I've finished reading the books and writing them up.

First up is what, by all accounts, is an excellent and near-definitive biography of one of my favorite musicians of all time, Paul McCartney, entitled Fab: An Intimate Life of Paul McCartney by Howard Sounes.


Another book by Sounes, which is brand new, is called 27: A History of the 27 Club, and it discusses the eerie coincidence that so many famous musicians died at the age of 27, including some of my favorites like Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and more.



Finally, a new book on the Who, but one that details how their appearance at Union Catholic High School in New Jersey in 1967 came to pass. It's written by Michael Rosenbloom and looks really interesting.


These are in addition to the other books from my personal library that I will continue to read and review, so there is still plenty to come for all of you rock-music-loving book-reading fans of this site...stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment